Sunday, April 8, 2007

Welcome to Kankakee


One of the ideas behind the Kankakee shirts and this site is simply to remind people that there is something special about Kankakee and other small cities that share some of Kankakee's qualities, struggles, history and opportunity.

It is only natural that many people are drawn to our nations large cities because of business, and cultural attractions. There are other who would rather live in booming suburbs. Still others, want to venture to remote homesites and small villages where they can "get away from it all." While I see the value in all those places I think there is something special about authentic small cities that are full of the sort of charm and possibilities that are not always obvious at first glance.

One of the things I plan to bring to this site, in addition to people in their Kankakee shirts, is some of the underappreciated beauty found in Kankakee. If you can help me do that email me at byohnka@juno.com.

No comments: